Thursday, November 5, 2009

Things I Love, Things I've Learned

On occasion, I sometimes quote others who have impacted me. I love quotes, and the meaning that they induce to my soul. However, this is not one of those times..... these are all mine, straight from the heart.


~ I love the blinding whiteness of the snow, when standing atop a mountain at the edge of a ski run...when the only thing you hear is silence. That one thing, takes my breath away, no matter how many times I experience it.

~ I've learned that yes, sometimes you just have to shut up and be quiet. You can say more with your silence, than you ever can with your words.

~ I love the smell and feeling of clean sheets straight from the dryer. Nothing feels better than clean sheet Sunday.

~ I've learned to appreciate my strengths.... but more importantly, I've learned to appreciate my weaknesses.

~ I love that I have no set handwriting. Each time I write, something totally different comes from my hands.

~ I've learned to never, ever, take the little things in life for granted. Usually, they're all we get.

~ I love my humor. Yes, it's true. And not only do I love it, I'm proud to have it.

~ I've learned how to be at peace....deep within my own soul. It was an incredibly long and painful journey, but the arrival was totally worth it.

~ I love standing up for what's right, even when it means that most of the time, I'm left standing alone.

~ I've learned to never keep hurt inside. Always speak up. But do it softly.

~ I love doing small things for other people to make their day just a little bit brighter. Trust me, by doing so, your day will become even brighter than their's did.

~ I've learned that the old saying really IS true.... it is never, ever ever, too late to simply say, "I'm sorry".

~ I love rock and roll, Ed Hardy, designer handbags and tattoos! oh, and money. :)

~ I've learned that in order to let go, you have got to forgive all. Forgive those who have wronged you, forgive those who have hurt you, forgive those who have destroyed you.... but first, forgive you.

~ I love hearing my children simply say... "I love you mommy"

~ I've learned that reaching out to others, is sometimes not only important, but necessary. Find someone who has a hand out reaching, and grab it. Even if it's your own.

~ I love that I love the little things.

~ I've learned that the ability to get back up, doesn't come from strength, it comes from peace.

~ I love that no matter how much hurt I've been dealt, no matter how many scars I've received, I still have the ability to love back. Over and over again.

~ I've learned that the best days spent, are in solitude. You just can't go wrong being your own best friend.

~ I love that the best things in life may not be free, but they sure are cheaper!

~ I've learned that when life rains on your parade, there's always the Slip N Slide.

~ I love music. It warms my heart and moves my soul.

and lastly.......

~ I've learned that you can never stop learning.... from everything, and everyone.

4 comments:

  1. Hey gorgeous. I love your views of life...especially clean sheet sunday. We need to get together soon. I am always here if you need me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a blogger who started out like you, I love this post! My blog started out like this, where I just put my thoughts out there, and then along the way, I met some great people and have developed some great friendships! I actually have about 20 other bloggers phone numbers and collaborate with others on creative projects and such.

    The thing that strikes me about this post and your profile is the fact that you like to give to people and brighten other peoples lives. I have a reputation for being the same way! I will follow you! Come on over to my site, and even if it does not interest you, then click on some of my friends, they are all awesome people!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your kind words! Im just a girl, living a messed up life, but owning it and appreciating all the same. I've always written.... I love words. They're powerful, and beautiful, and loving, and calculating, and they cut. But they're still glorious all the same, and all encompassing. I love words, and I love to use them. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading your thoughts and also love your humor (in other posts) and I love you, too!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...leave me a comment, you know you really want to :)